The growing business industry, booming workforce, and the whirlpool of talent all pose immense opportunities for organizations to grow, but also prove challenging for staffing agencies. Here, recruiting software, with tools for automation, organization, communication, and data analytics, provide a means to reduce the weight on the HRs’ shoulders and create a seamless and efficient mode of hiring.
Recruitment software facilitates organizations to optimize their recruitment process from the advertising to the onboarding stage. While the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) only focus on providing tracking information for candidate engagement, and the Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) focuses on cultivating potential relationships, an efficient recruitment software incorporates both of these systems and more to boost the efficiency of staffing agencies.
A Recruiting Software Performs the following Key Functions:
1. Sourcing: They provide templates and job descriptions that are job-specific and help in attracting the most suitable candidates. Further, with their broader reach, they are able to engage with potential recruits who may be unaware of the available opportunities.
2. Engagement: The software streamlines the engagement between the actors and uses automated tools and data analysis to maintain consistency in reaching out with information on the recruitments. It also helps in nurturing the organization’s relationship with potential candidates.
3. Selection: The software tools help recruiting agencies assess and screen resumes, often also helping in improving the interview process.
In recent years, almost 75% of recruiters believe that recruitment software and technology increase the efficiency of their hiring process. 86% of recruiters also report that it decreases the time taken for completing each recruitment cycle.
They recognize the multiple benefits a recruiting software has. Some of which include-
1. Enhancing Productivity: Using recruitment software saves the time to coordinate between different teams and applicants. With templates, organizational tools, and a central working system, the process becomes more streamlined and manageable. It saves a lot of resources for the staffing agency by integrating multiple platforms and making the data easily accessible.
2. Improves Sourcing: Recruiting software improves the quality of the job descriptions and enhances the reach of the job postings to candidates best aligned for the role. It also improves the communication from the organization, creating a positive view for the candidate and increasing the hiring rate for the company. Further, the reach of the organization may also be influenced with candidates becoming more willing to reapply or recommending it to their peers.
3. Organization and Analysis of Data: The number of spreadsheets and email threads considerably reduced, with the software also providing a good analysis of the candidate engagement and process efficiency. This data can be employed by the organization to focus on the areas for improvement and enhance their engagement strategies. Having a more organized data bank also improves efficiency in decision making and reduces the effort and time taken for the process.
As with job postings, finding a suitable recruitment software should also depend on the need that the software will fulfil for the company or the challenge it will help in overcoming. Each software is built with a different variation of the tools and their suitability for the company is unique to its demands and expectations. For example, if an organization is struggling with their outreach, software with strong tools to integrate with social media, career sites, and emails may be more fitting. The following are some software with their features highlighted as follows:-
Bullhorn offers a comprehensive solution to the modern-day staffing needs of small and medium businesses, providing end-to-end recruitment services including - sourcing, searching, interviewing, placing, onboarding, billing, and pay.
Mercury leverages the Microsoft Power Platform to enable smaller recruitment and staffing organizations to customize their dashboard and make more placements and grow seamlessly.
Zoho Recruit is appropriate for enterprises as it is designed for corporate hiring and staffing teams. It provides a central platform for seamlessly juggling the multiple actors and processes involved in the recruitment process.
Workable is good for small businesses and has already formed a community of over 20,000 customers with over 1,300,000 recruitments since 2012. It provides a mobile app, hiring templates, and integration with platforms such as Zoom, G Suite, Monster, etc.
Hire Pro combines AI-powered tools with a team of hiring experts to boost the individual hiring processes to enhance the onboarding of the best candidates for the company.
Greenhouse, with over 4,000 clients, provides extensive and comprehensive data toolkits and guides, amongst other services, to boost the company’s edge in the recruitment space.
Similarly, Longlist facilitates recruiters in capturing the attention of candidates, improving communications, and building an outreach strategy that enhances the hiring and re-engagement process of the organization. As a chrome extension that suits every recruitment need, it captures the essence of hiring and bringing together the perfect candidates for the perfect roles.
Recruiting software, thus, offers a blend of qualitative and quantitative methods to harness the organization’s potential in an efficient manner and improve the effectiveness of joining the perfect candidate to the perfect role.
Sign up to receive weekly emails with our latest posts.